After Emmanuel Missionary Baptist Church was organized and the church doors were opened for new members, 55 persons came forward to unite with the church by letters from other churches. These 55 people were recognized as charter members. The church called their first pastor, Rev. Malcom Roberts.
On November 9, 1949 the church voted to buy four lots on the southwest corner of Eleven Mile Road and Vandyke for the purpose of erecting a new church building. Plans were adopted on November 13 and the building committee was given authority to proceed. The building was completed and in use within one year.
By 1952 the Sunday School had outgrown their present space. On September 21, 1952, the Church voted to make an addition on the east side of the building. Before completion of this new addition, the Pastor's wife, Mrs. Ruby Roberts passed away on November 4, 1953. In November 1957, Rev. Roberts resigned. On the second Sunday in December 1957, Rev. Carl Noel was called as Pastor.
In 1969, the State of Michigan voted to build and East-West expressway and the route would take it along Eleven Mile Road through Centerline and Warren. The intersection of Van Dyke and I-696 forced Emmanuel Missionary Baptist Church to move. The State purchased our buildings and helped the church locate a new piece of property on Eleven Mile Road between Van Dyke and Hoover.
Ground Breaking Ceremonies were held on April 26, 1970. An architect was hired, a building plan drawn up, and accepted by the congregation. A contractor was hired and a new Church building was finished with the first service held in February 1971. A parsonage was built adjacent to the new building. Brother & Mrs. Noel moved into it in August 1971.
The church purchased one of the factory buildings from the state and tore it down, saving each piece of steel from the roof, the steel beams, and the blocks. It was then moved to the new property. During 1972, the men of the Church reconstructed the building behind the Auditorium to be our Fellowship Hall.
In May 1978, Brother Noel resigned and returned to Kentucky. Rev. Chester Randolph was elected Interim Pastor. Brother Randolph had previously served Emmanuel when he was elected Assistant Pastor in 1959. This was at the request of Brother Noel during his illness until he could resume full responsibility. In August 1978 Rev. James Kennard was called as Pastor. In October 1979, Emmanuel paid the final payment on their mortgage and had a note burning during the annual Missionary Conference.
In April 1980 Bro. Kennard resigned and returned to mission work.He presently serves as Military Director of BIMI missions. Rev. Chester Randolph again was elected Interim Pastor and led the church until August 1981 when Rev. Kenneth Hamilton was called as Pastor. He served as pastor until October 2002. In December 2002, Brother Tracy Herald accepted the Pastoral position here at Emmanuel Missionary Baptist Church. The church and all of the outreach ministries continue to grow under the leadership of Pastor Herald.